Emerging Self-deluded Artform

Lyrics, thoughts, food and other good things, brought to you by Brian...

Our glorious information age

My thanks go out to Dan Postma for bringing up an interesting issue. What role does the internet, and instant messengers/chat rooms play in our relationships? It seems that for many people, their preferred method of communication and conversation is MSN. I won't deny that it has it's uses, but it's so wretchedly impersonal.

Granted, everyone knows someone that lives in the kingdom of Far, Far Away (princess Fiona, perhaps?) and instant messaging is cheaper than phoning and faster than emailing... but what about people we see nearly every day? It seems unfortunate that we automatically take the easier route, rather than the better route.

On a completely unrelated note, I have no idea how to code, and all of my efforts at bending this blog to my will have been thwarted. Maybe I'm just bitter towards technology.

______________________________________________