Emerging Self-deluded Artform

Lyrics, thoughts, food and other good things, brought to you by Brian...

Looks like someone's got a case of the Mondays...

My brother and his girlfriend came down this weekend, two people whom I haven't seen in quite a while. It was good times, although the "snacks" they brought along were just odd. Imagine my surprise when I bit into my walnut "muffin" and red bean paste oozed out. Now, I'm a huge fan of Toronto's oriental district, and in particular the food that comes out of it, but I think these should have been left wherever they came from.

On another note, Macleans magazine recently came out with it's annual university rankings. A school very close to my heart, McMaster University, once again cracked the top 10, which pleased me a great deal. Maybe one day our very own Redeemer will find it's way on the list. Seriously. Give it 25 years and some rich alumni, and I wouldn't be surprised to see RUC getting some national recognition. What really struck me, though, was the full page ad that Tyndale Bible College had in the magazine. I don't imagine such ads come cheap... but is this something RUC should consider? I don't know, it just got me thinking, I suppose. How much do we really want the "outside world" to take notice of us?

On... yet another note, my computer is once again stocked with music, courtesty of Joel Harsevoort. A little Ani DiFranco soothes the soul. Life is good.

Quote of the week: "Hey man, wanna give me untold thousands?"
- Dan Postma

______________________________________________