Emerging Self-deluded Artform

Lyrics, thoughts, food and other good things, brought to you by Brian...

How old are your books?

Probably not as old as mine... Courtesy of my parents and brother Derek, I am now the proud owner of "Laurel Leaves," a book of American and British poetry published in 1888 and the full compilation of John Keats' poems, published 1908. This in addition to a group of lectures on Shakespearean tragedies, published 1948, and The Rolling Stone Album Guide, which reviews and rates more than 10,000 albums. All told, I got nearly a meter's worth of books, measured by total width. I guess it'll be a busy week. That said, my new album guide has inspired me to continue with the "Form vs. Style" series I had intended to post. More on that later, I suppose.

______________________________________________