Emerging Self-deluded Artform

Lyrics, thoughts, food and other good things, brought to you by Brian...

All time favourite

Today, whilst reading in the Caf, I heard several of my all time favourite songs in a row, completely at random. It got me thinking, "what exactly is my favourite song ever?" Or, for that matter, my favourite band or album. Some artists have stood the test of time, like Radiohead. Fully 8 years after the release of OK Computer, it remains fascinating and amazing. Others are more recent, like k-os, John Frusciante, Jackelope... but I feel that maybe they haven't been around long enough to qualify. It's like the difference between listening to Q 107 against any new rock station. Classic rock has stood the test of time, and remains relevant.

Still, I have come to a decision... for now.

Song: Ani diFranco - School Night
Solo artist: John Frusciante
Band: Radiohead (in a nailbiter over Bran Van 3000)
Album: with my upset pick... Placebo - Without You I'm Nothing

Feel free to express your shock and disapproval, or your own personal choices. I'd be fascinated to hear them.

______________________________________________