Emerging Self-deluded Artform

Lyrics, thoughts, food and other good things, brought to you by Brian...

Guilty pleasure!

Okay, I have a guilty pleasure to admit to...

I am a Michael Bolton fan.

Wait, that can't be right... lemme try again.

I am a Kelly Clarkson fan.

Ouch. I'll weep for myself later. Seriously though, I've heard a couple of her songs over the last while and the girl can sing... really sing. I mean, sure, winning American Idol does not exactly lend credibility to a resume, but she has a better voice than almost anyone on the radio these days. Also, if the video I saw today is any indication, she hasn't (yet) turned herself into a tramp to sell records.

Now, I know her songs are a little over-dramatic, given the shallow subject matter. But apparently she can boast that she at least co-wrote most of her songs. It's better than nothing... right? Right.

Anyone else with guilty pleasures out there? Feel free to share. I promise to laugh only behind your back.

Ohh.. in addition, the greatest quote of all time: "I am a Michael Bolton fan."

______________________________________________