Emerging Self-deluded Artform

Lyrics, thoughts, food and other good things, brought to you by Brian...

Redefine

You may notice that I have a new title to my blog. Silly, I know... please feel free to criticize, but please hear me out as well. Having given up on the blog, I've decided to pick it up again in earnest, hopefully this time with more focus.

I'll once again pick up on the "Form vs. Style" series that I had begun, which is mostly an examination of media and music literacy, trying to seperate the meaningful from the mainstream. If anyone has ideas beyond typical, contemporary music, let me know. Any ideas at all are welcome.

Not everything, though, is so serious and... well, negative, I suppose. At least once a week, I'll be posting a small sampling of my favourite lyrics from songs of all genres. Sometimes it'll be just a line, other times perhaps a whole song. I encourage any readers out there to send me their own favourites via comments or email. I'll put them out there as well, eventually devoting a seperate site to hot, hot lyrics. Also, I'll admit... I like getting comments. I think it's great. Leave them, if you can think of anything to say. On that note, let's get into it!

John Frusciante - Song to Sing When I'm Lonely
A song to play when I'm lonely
Win and never play a game again
No one to face when I'm falling
Holding tight to dreams that never end

Lauryn Hill - Can't Take My Eyes Off of You
You're just too good to be true.
Can't take my eyes off you.
You'd be like heaven to touch.
I wanna hold you so much.
At long last love has arrived.
And I thank God I'm alive.
You're just too good to be true.
Can't take my eyes off of you.

______________________________________________